NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN.
1. Eligibility: The Monsters University Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is only open to entrants, who at the time of entry are: (a) natural persons who are legal residents of, one of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or Canada (excluding Quebec), (b) 13 years of age or older, and (c) members of Disney Movie Rewards Loyalty Program ("DMR"). If an entrant is a minor, as defined by the jurisdiction of the entrant’s primary residence (“Minor”), permission of a parent or guardian is required to participate in the Sweepstakes. Entrants must not be an employee or director, or IRS dependent, immediate family member or individual residing in the same household of, an employee or director, of Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc. ("BVHE"), its parent, and any subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies of each, Prize Logic, LLC or their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, web masters and web suppliers. Void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these official rules ("Official Rules") and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc., 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521, USA.
3. Administrator: Prize Logic, LLC, 25200 Telegraph Road, Southfield, MI 48033, USA.
4. Timing: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 A.M. Pacific Time ("PT") on August 20, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. PT on January 31, 2014 ("Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor's computer is the Sweepstakes’ official clock.
5. How to Enter: As noted in the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 1, you must be a member of DMR at the time of entry to enter the Sweepstakes. If you are not a member of DMR you may become a member by visiting http://www.DisneyMovieRewards.com/MULegal (the “DMR Website”). Membership is free. You must register for the Sweepstakes initially through the DMR Website. Standard internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service provider will apply. Once you are a DMR member, you may enter the Sweepstakes by navigating to the "Sweepstakes" tab and following the links and instructions to enter. Once you click where indicated, you will automatically receive 1 entry into the Sweepstakes drawing. During the Sweepstakes Period, visit the DMR Website and follow the online instructions to receive additional entries into the Sweepstakes.
6. Additional Sweepstakes Entries: After entering the Sweepstakes as described above, you may redeem DMR points for up to 99 additional Sweepstakes entries during the Sweepstakes Period, with each such additional Sweepstakes entry qualifying you for 1 additional entry into the Sweepstakes drawing. For each additional entry you choose to redeem, 5 DMR points will be deducted from your account. To redeem DMR points for Sweepstakes entries, follow the links and instructions to select the number of entries you wish to earn using DMR points. DMR members may collect DMR points by entering codes obtained from specially-marked Blu-ray Discs, DVDs, or CDs, answering specially-identified surveys, qualifying for bonus points offers that may be presented at the DMR Website from time to time, in-member communications, and/or other methods as designated on the DMR Website. Please visit http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/page/terms-and-conditions.htm for additional information and terms for the DMR program.
Free Alternate Method of Entry for Additional Sweepstakes Entries: To receive up to 99 additional Sweepstakes entries into the Sweepstakes drawing without redeeming DMR points, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, the email address associated with your DMR account, and your age on a 3½" x 5" card and mail it with proper postage to Monsters University Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 1029, Neenah, WI 54956-1029. Entries must be postmarked by January 31, 2014 and received by February 7, 2014. You will receive 99 entries for your 3½" x 5" card. Limit: 1 3½" x 5" card per person, for 99 mail-in entries. Mail-in entries mailed in an envelope will not be accepted. All mail-in entries must be handwritten. Mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. Proof of sending or mailing of mail-in entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due mail-in entries, which will be disqualified.
7. General Conditions on Entry: Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned, nor will any correspondence be exchanged with any entrant. Limit: Each entrant may receive up to 100 Sweepstakes entries total during the Sweepstakes Period through a combination of the methods described above. Limit 1 prize per household. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods will void entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Any use of any micro, robotic, automatic, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries affected by such methods and entrants using such methods will be disqualified. ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE(S) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. Winner Selection: The odds of winning a Sweepstakes prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions regarding the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from among all eligible entries during the Sweepstakes Period on or around February 14, 2014.
Each potential winner will be notified by mail, e-mail and/or phone. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return all documentation within the required time, fails to pass a skill test (Canadian residents only – see Section 11 for more details), is found to be ineligible or is non-compliant with the Official Rules for any reason, then the potential winner forfeits such prize and Sponsor may select another potential prize winner, as time permits. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. In such cases where a prize is not accepted or where a prize is forfeited, there will, as necessary, be 3 alternate drawings, after which the prize, if not accepted by an eligible winner, will not be awarded. For U.S. residents, the prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8 to 10 weeks following winner verification. For Canadian residents, the prizes will be fulfilled the later of either approximately 2 to 3 weeks after the receipt of their skill test or approximately 8 to 10 weeks following winner verification.
9. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
1 GRAND PRIZE: 1 grand prize winner will receive a complete room setting from Theo Kalomirakis for Walt Disney Signature plus white-glove delivery service (“Grand Prize”). The ARV of the Grand Prize is USD $7,514.00 / CAD $7,834.19.
The complete room setting from Theo Kalomirakis for Walt Disney Signature includes: 1 Sectional sofa (ARV: USD $2,599); 2 Lamps (ARV: USD $398); 1 End table (ARV: USD $499); 1 Coffee table (ARV: USD $599); 1 46” LED TV, model to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (ARV: USD $950); 1 Blu-ray player, model to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (ARV: USD $120), 1 Theo Kalomirakis For Walt Disney Interlude credenza with built-in surround sound (ARV: USD $1,999); and white-glove delivery service (ARV: USD $350)
20 FIRST PRIZES: 20 first prize winners will each receive a Disney Infinity Starter Pack and Disney Infinity Cars Play Set for the PlayStation 3 system (“First Prize”). The ARV of each First Prize is USD $109.98 / CAD $114.66. Note: First Prize does not include a PlayStation 3 system.
Total ARV of all Sweepstakes prizes: USD $9,713.60 / CAD $10,126.77.
Additional Terms and Conditions: Prizes may not be declined once awarded to and accepted by winner. Prizes may not be bartered, transferred, sold, or redeemed for cash value in whole or in part. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a listed prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason or unreasonably difficult to fulfill. Winners must pay all applicable taxes and fees for prizes accepted.
10. Limitations on Liability: Entrants agree that Sponsor, Administrator, prize providers and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively "Released Parties") will have no liability whatsoever, and shall be held harmless by entrants, for any injuries, claims, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes, or entrant’s failure to comply with the Official Rules. The Released Parties shall not be liable to any winner or any other person for failure to supply any prize(s) or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Released Parties’ control. The Released Parties are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, or stolen entries; or for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to: errors in advertising, Official Rules, selection and announcement of the winners and distribution of prizes; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website or other connections, availability or accessibility; or for miscommunications, failed computer, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure; or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for any other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, technical or network; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information; or for any misdirection or delay of any e-mail to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or DMR Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading or uploading any materials in connection with the Sweepstakes; or for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; or for any personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of receipt or use or misuse of any prize produced and/or manufactured by a prize provider or other third party.
11. General Conditions: Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified, and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant's eligibility. Sponsor may also disqualify any person that acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or for any other good cause reason solely determined by Sponsor. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select winner from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding prize claims or entries received from multiple users having the same address, the authorized subscriber of the address at the time of entry used to enter, and not the name on the entry form, will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
Except where legally prohibited, winner grants (and agrees to confirm in writing) permission for the Released Parties to use his/her name, photograph, voice, likeness, and/or statements made by, or attributed to winner in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including, without limitation, on the World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval or compensation and in perpetuity. To claim a prize, the winner (or if a Minor, Minor’s parent or legal guardian) may be required to sign and return to Administrator, within 10 days of the date the notice is sent an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, publicity release (if winner is a Canadian resident, a declaration of compliance) and other paperwork. The grand prize winner’s travel companions may also be required to sign and return a liability, publicity release(s) and/or other paperwork at the same time the grand prize winner returns his/her affidavit of eligibility, liability release, publicity release (if the grand prize winner is a Canadian resident, the declaration of compliance) and/or other paperwork. All potential winners from Canada will be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill testing question without any assistance in order to be eligible to receive a prize or such prize will be forfeited.
If any prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected as further described in Section 8 above. Noncompliance with any of the foregoing or any portion of these Official Rules may result in disqualification and awarding of the prize to an alternate winner. Federal, state, provincial, territorial, and local taxes and all other expenses not specified herein are winner's sole responsibility. If a winner is a U.S. resident, he/she may receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual value of his/her prize. Sponsor may assign all rights granted by entrants and winners hereunder to any party at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
12. Disputes/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes (excluding any and all disputes, claims and cause of action arising out of or connected with the use of any of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan, U.S.A.; except as to any and all disputes, claims and causes of action relating to the fulfillment and use of a prize; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, (but not in connection with the fulfillment and use of a prize), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan, U.S.A. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Section 12, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising in connection with the fulfillment and use of a prize, including the use any participant’s name, photograph, voice, likeness, and/or statements in the media, including but not limited to the World Wide Web , shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida and shall exclusively be submitted for trial in Orange County, Florida.
14. Winners List: To obtain the names of the winners, send a properly stamped self-addressed envelope, by March 17, 2014 to Monsters University Sweepstakes Winners List, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325 USA.